Thursday, July 24, 2008

It was a Dark and stormy Knight

I went and saw the Dark Knight today. For all of you who went to the theater to see it you will agree with me when I say I'm sick and tired of these unoriginal, unimaginative, cheesy, over the top, special effects driven remakes. I mean come on, the original was a classic. The hollywood people have way too much money and no new ideas. What's going on? I am talking of course about the preview for "The day the earth stood still". Why remake a classic at all, and if you absolutely must then be true to the story rather then bury it with special effects. And another thing, Keanu Reeves, seriously? He is Neo of The Matrix fame and should not ever try to be anything else. (He's just not very good).



Did I mention that I absolutely loved The Dark Knight. What an incredible movie. If you have not seen it yet then stop reading this now and go see it. It is definitely worth the price of a movie ticket and that is saying something. Not very many movies these days are.



So to recap

The Dark Knight - Amazing!

The Day the Earth Stood Still (the remake) - Why!?

Keanu Reeves - Cool as Neo, otherwise not so much.

Hollywood executives with too much time and money and no original ideas - maybe movie making isn't for you, perhaps you should try politics...

No comments: