Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Time Machine

Did any of you pay attention to the NBA draft? Our own Kyle Weaver (WSU) got picked 8th in the second round. We are excited up here. We don't have many NBA alumni to be pround of. He is going to Charlotte. He is a great all around player and should be fun to watch. I see that a BYU player also went in the 2nd round. How about that PAC 10. Three of the top five picks and 7 in the top 21. Not bad.
I also heard that Seattle is getting a MLS team. Have you heard that? We need it now that the Sonics are trying to leave. I guess they want to go to Oklahoma City. I thought of a great team name for them - the Bombers! OK, probably not. But will be sad if they leave. I wonder if I should be buying Sonics stuff and saving it. Then I could use this time machine to go forward five hundred years and try to sell them. Hopefully the apes will still be interested in stuff like this. Anyway I think its a good plan. As soon as I return I will of course destroy the time machine to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. I watched the movies, I know what could happen. You have to be responsible with things like that. Have a good day!

2 comments:

Geoffrey said...

Let me know how that time machine goes, I have a couple of things I need to change too, like maybe buy up some huge tracts of land where Lehi, Saratoga Springs, and Eagle mountain are. Lets call it pre-emptive real estate investing.

Dadlee said...

I guess the Sonics are moving. I read that Seattle retains all the rights to the name etc. I assume that means they will keep the same logo. I understand they are actively trying to find a new team. The Jazz change their logo and colors about every 2 years. I realized that it is a marketing move to get people to buy new shirts, etc.
I don't know if you follow the REAL team. I guess they lost one of their last games with an own goal in the 89th minute. Darla actually came with me to the game against San Jose. To bad you aren't closer. I had 8 tickets and the BarBQ was great. I also believe we have bugs in Utah also.
(grin)